Tuesday, June 22, 2010

MITL

Finding myself has been hard in previous papers (i.e. high school essays). This college level English class has allowed me to open my mind to the possibilities of writing. I feel I can tell a express my ideas instead of relying solely on the demanded structure posted in and essay. Now that I can express myself more rhetorically the ideas drilled into my head in high school makes so much more sense. Grammar, topic sentences, transitions between sentences to paragraphs. Noticing that my papers now still lack these key ingredients to writing is a relief. I am able to address weakness in my writing and correct it; in return expanding the power of my words.

The word essay still frightens me but not as much. I understand the fear and know how to confront it. If I wallow in the complexity, absorb myself into the topic I will come out with great ideas ready to be placed onto paper.

One more thing that I feel I am taking from this class is how the skills I have learned will apply to my future papers. I will be able to focus on the right topic that interests me. My papers will not only provide information but hopefully will have my own personal spin on them.

Thank you Daniel for teaching me what you did. I finally finished a college English class. 2010/2020 here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment