Monday, June 21, 2010

Most Important Thing I Have Learned.

English is not my best subject. I have been very picky in choosing a good English 1010 class and in fact this technically is the 4th one I have taken. I would go to the first few days of the class and feel out the teacher. 2/4 of these classes have been taught by new teachers or fill-ins who are hired on at the University just to teach the class. I never got a good feeling from them and always felt like they were trying to push an agenda on the students in trying to get them to "learn to love writing". Other teachers I felt asked for so much writing in their class that it felt watered down and unfocused. I wanted to learn how to be a better writer, not how to bull crap through 1500 words each class period. I already loved to write, I just needed to learn the skills to tighten up my papers and expand the the content in a way that didn't seem like I was rambling. My papers lacked structure and substance and I learned how to produce both in this class. To sum it up, I really learned how to take my writings to the college level and I appreciate it. It is "College Writing 1010" after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment