Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bountiful city policy

Everyone has different taste, and they have right to choose things what they like. When i read this article 'Bountiful city policy', I thought this is unfair to restrict hiring of people with tattoos first, because the people who have tattoo or piercing are the same as any other people. They are just same people but just have tattoos in their body. Whatever the reason they have tattoos, they are same as other people and tattoo is just visual things.
This is just what I thought in their right, however, I agree with this bountiful city's policy. Whenever I see the people who have tattoos, I feel like scary and avoid them. I mean not the small and cute tattoo; the people who have tattoos that cover their body. It can give others an unpleasant feeling, especially when they are employees. It is hard to come up first. Honestly, people who have tattoos looks some kind of scary to me, and I think some other people think like me. If you have to choose one person among two people for your business, one has a tattoo on his whole arm; who do you want to choose? I fell more comfortable with the person who does not have tattoo. It is just my prejudiced, but some people think like me, to. To restrict hiring people with tattoos is to the bountiful city advantage to do so. Thus, I think this policy is fair to their city if the bountiful city want to present professional image.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is a time for everyone to accept those people and no longer consider them as "bad" like it was in the past. Don't we often say that we have an advanced society? So, let’s show that...In my opinion the best way to accept tattooed people is to work with them, that way we get to know them for who they really are not for who they seem to be like

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are scared by people with tattoos because of stereotype... we can't just use appearance as a standard to estimate people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I am a little late in posting this, but I wanted to respond to one of these.

    I agree with both sides of the argument here. Of course you can't base your opinion of people based solely on their appearance. But that doesn't stop -other- people from doing so. Where this is based on a public job that already has a dresscode, it's understandable that they would put that policy IN their dresscode.

    Saying 'ban' is a little strong. Honestly, it's just a new part of their policy. Most places you go already HAVE the policy of 'no facial piercings no tattoos' - Bountiful City just hadn't yet!

    ReplyDelete