Thursday, May 27, 2010

Choices and consequences.

I have always believed that every choice has a consequence. Our good actions are often rewarded, and I like to think that our dumb choices come back around to us. The important thing is that we learn from them. Now with tattoos, you know what you are getting in to. You made the choice of what is tattooed and where the ink is laid into your skin. While I don't think that tattoos are bad in of them selves, I think that people need to put a little more thought into whether a tattoo is right for them or not, and maybe stop living in the moment.

On that note, I feel that Bountiful's choice is within their rights. Any employer has the right to pick and choose who is best fitting for the job, and if somebody with a visible tattoo would hinder the productivity or profitability of any company, its their right to not hire them. I would imagine a lot of the jobs that Bountiful city have deal a lot with the public. I wouldn't want somebody who has visible tattoos representing my city either.

3 comments:

  1. So let's say that someone took a long time to think about their tattoo. Many years of thinking, meditating and pondering, and they felt that getting a certain tattoo is absolutely the right thing to do. Tattoo's can be a great spiritual symbol for some people, just as Jesus or wearing temple garments can great spiritual symbols for some people.

    And I agree that an employer has to not hire some one because how they look might effect profits. But in this case the employer is the city government. They aren't trying to sell something, they are providing a survive. I don't think any less people will go to the DMV to register their vehicle if the clerk has tattoo's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, i also think they have to consider more carefully whether a tattoo is right for them or not, but how come in this case that they are tattooed after they think enough. Nothing is gonna be changed whatever they think enough about tattoo....anyway this is their right to do what they want freely. and this can't be restricted as a city's policy(but agree not hire by employer's own policy.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with your idea. I really have nothing wrong with tattoos, but some of them can be vulgar or offensive. I think they should be able to have them showing depending on what the picture or words are. It also depends on the image that your company portrays to the public.

    ReplyDelete