Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bountiful Tattoo Policy

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so here is mine. No I do not think it is fair, for many people getting a tattoo is a way for them to express themselves, and for some people a way of remembering. I have known people who have gotten tattoo's for no other reason than to remember an event or a person in their life. If someone wants to get a tattoo who am I to stop them or tell them they can not get a job. I understand employers have standards, and maybe a tattoo is just not what they consider the right standards. But, that does not mean they should tell someone they are not right for the job just because they have tattoo's. Now I am not saying that they should just give jobs to people with tattoo's to avoid discrimination, if the person has tattoo's and is not qualified for the job then they are not qualified.

Now obviously this is just my opinion. I am not going to say I do not form my own opinions about people, because I do. I think everyone when they meet someone forms an opinion about them, whether it be good or bad they do. But on a business level, and even on a consumer level your personal opinions should not matter. If they can sell the product or can do the work effectively, it should not matter how they look.

2 comments:

  1. I am with you on many different points you presented on your topic. But that is obviously not the way it is. The employers consider also the point of view of their customers who often refuse to buy their products because of a tattooed seller.That makes them picky regarding whom they are hiring.
    But I definitely do not think that someone who has Tattoos & Percings= Bad person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree your thought. My friend has tattoo on his legs. It does not matter to get a jbo for my friend. Apprently, his ability to sell company product was well than other employee. So, I think working for anyplace is relative with person's ability more than view of point.

    ReplyDelete